Re: Mass-updating cached hosts keys afrer ssh security upgrade?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 06:43:31PM -0500, JW wrote:
This has turned into an unexpected nightmare: my users have, between them all, dozens of cached host keys, and they are nearly unable to work because every time they turn around they're getting bad-old-cached-key warnings (REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED).

I'd suggest investigating using ssh-keyscan to generate a common
/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts file for all your machines, rather than trying to manage it on a per-user basis.

Mike Stone