Re: Thanks to Debian OpenSSL developers

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:47:31AM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On jeu, 2008-05-15 at 23:38 +0200, Steffen Schulz wrote:
> > or what its worth...I see 3.5 problems that accumulated into this
> > mess:
> >
> > - OpenSSL is complex and critical but the code is little documented.
> >   Code pieces like the ones in question should have warning-labels
> >   printed all over them and a distinguished place and interface.
>
> There was a #ifndef PURIFY just before the instruction commented by #if
> 0.

/* Uninitialised memory used intentionally to add entropy */

That, I believe, speaks volumes.

#ifndef PURIFY says very little.

Most, if not all languages provide the ability to enter in comments for
a reason.

--
  "Police noticed some rustling sounds from Linn's bottom area
  and on closer inspection a roll of cash was found protruding