Re: Freeze SO Linux, it's possible?

On 10/12/08 18:40 +0100, Sjors Gielen wrote:
Izak Burger wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez
<mgdpz1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, i would like to freeze my linux in order to freeze the OS, then,
when I reboot the computer all changes that i made in the computer
dissapears and it returns to the previous OS freezed.

Cross posting is bad netiquette, especially when you are crossing
various different distros not to mention debian-security when it is
not a security issue.

Linux can "suspend to disk" as long as the hardware plays along. Read this:

He doesn't mean a suspend to disk, which is what I thought too, first.
He wants to make his installation "frozen", i.e., changes aren't saved
over reboots. I don't know how to do it, but maybe this clears up his
original question.

IIRC there is some kind of snapshot mode in
Tuxonice and devicemapper which could be used for
that.

regards, Rolf
--
... Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' ...