Re: Rainbow tables on Linux?

Hi,

Perhaps with rainbow crack ?

You can seesource code for linux.  here ==> http://www.antsight.com/zsl/rainbowcrack/

Regards
Vincent

Le jeudi 23 octobre 2008 à 12:14 +0200, Johann Spies a écrit :
Is it possible to use rainbow tables with a password cracker on Linux
like 'john'?  If so, how?  If not, is it possible with any other
password cracker on Linux?

I know about Ophcrack but it seems to be geared towards the Windows
environment.

I have John now running for 74 hours to try and crack one
password. That is on a 2xquadcore Intel server.

By the way, I am not trying to break in.  I am testing the
effectiveness of John.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high
      calling of God in Christ Jesus."
                                   Philippians 3:14