Misunderstanding about normal (stable) and security channels

As I have understood on
http://www.debian.org/security/faq.en.html#policy , every security
bugfix packages goes into the debian-security channel but recently I
saw an update to the proftpd package (on etch) in the debian/stable
I thought it was a bugfix but when I looked into the changelog
I saw that this is not a bugfix but a security bugfix, closing

Why does this package was uploaded to the normal etch channel and not
into the security one ? Every security package concerns must go into
the security channel, no ?

I rely on the package channel to know if this is a normal or a
security bugfix in a plugin I'm currently developping (and soon
releasing on sourceforce) for apt.

Best regards,
Frédéric PICA