Re: clamav.* package versions (etch)

NOTE: adding debian-security to the mix...

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Mike Dornberger <Mike.Dornberger@gmx.de> wrote:
> maybe there are build issues. If you count the binary versions, you'll see
> there are 7 archs on which e. g. clamav-daemon 0.93 got built, but 10 for
> 0.92-something.

Perhaps one of the master servers has become hacked again.... perhaps
blah, perhaps foo, etc.   The real issue is the Debian build team has
a broken process and that needs some highly visible attention as who
knows what is behind this, or what else is broken.

NOTE: To be clear, I would not be saying the above is the missing
update was for bash or ctags.   But since this missing update is for
critical, public facing, applications... it needs proper attention.

My experience, from when I ran a volatile mirror, was that the
team/person responsible had too many other priorities (hey, that's
life).   If Debian needs some assistance in pushing releases to
mirrors, then please please let someone know.

-Jim P.