Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1571-1] New openssl packages fix predictable random number generator

Michel Messerschmidt wrote:

> The information about sarge is not consistent with
> http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/CVE-2008-0166:
>
> Source Package Release                 Version         Status
> openssl (PTS)  sarge, sarge (security) 0.9.7e-3sarge5  vulnerable
>                etch                    0.9.8c-4etch1   vulnerable
>                etch (security)         0.9.8c-4etch3   fixed
>                lenny, sid              0.9.8g-10       fixed
>
> Who's right here ?

The advisory is right.

Sarge has been end of life'd. That also means that we do not update the Debian
security tracker for sarge issues anymore. Unfortunately the tracker
currently doesn't have a way to indicate in some sense that the sarge data is
not up to date.

I've corrected the sarge entry for this one in the tracker (which will be
updated soon), but note for the future that the tracker doesn't provide
accurate information about sarge vulnerability anymore.

cheers,
Thijs