ia32-libs security support

Hello,

I'm shortly going to be deploying a new general purpose login host on
etch. As our old system is i386 and our new system amd64, I have
installed the ia32-libs package, to give user-compiled code a chance of
working, but having inspected the contents of the package, it seems to
contain quite a lot of .so files repackaged from the i386 binaries, and
I'm concerned that these won't be security supported (I've seen no
security updates for this package).

Is my analysis correct, and I shouldn't install this package in a
production environment?

Thanks,
Dominic.