Re: Re: Is oldstable security support duration something to be proud of?

On Mon 10 Mar 2008 19:05:44 Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Le March 10, 2008 04:44:35 pm Noah Meyerhans, vous avez écrit :

[...]

> > I don't care if you think we
> > shouldn't be proud.  We are and we will continue to be.
> My point is not to tell you to stop being proud, it's to avoid bragging in
> public communications. You can be as proud as you want.

They can surely be proud of having accomplished a great feat, according to (at
*least*) everyone that bothered to give you any kind of answer. It's not
about just one number, it's about the work it takes to make it. And it surely isn't small, as the calculation of packages*months indicated, and basically
every other point I've seen given so far.

I think now is a good time to say "I'm sorry", but no one can force you to it.
I'm sorry, but I don't see what I could be sorry about. I did not write that the work required to support oldstable was small.

People can only killfile you instead.

Oh, and before I forget:

> If there's anything I wrote that implies it annoys me that 3.1 won't be
> supported after March 31st, please let me know.

You said from your carefully picked numbers, that Debian "score" is "worse", even though that means nothing really, according to the replies that message
got.
So?

worse
     adj 1: (comparative of `bad') inferior to another in quality or
            condition or desirability; "this road is worse than
            the first one we took"; "the road is in worse shape
            than it was"; "she was accused of worse things than
            cheating and lying" [ant: better]