Re: Allow password auth for one user with sftp?

On Monday 15 January 2007 20:39, Michel Messerschmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 02:36:10PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> > I have users a, b, c, d, e.  All users except e can have shell access,
> > but beecause shell access is powerful, must not be able to log in with
> > password, but only with public key.
>
> If you don't trust your users to keep their passwords secure, why do you
> trust them to keep their secret keys secure?

I trust the users who have shell access to keep their keys secure.  I don't
trust the users to have unguessable (think dictionary attacks!) passwords.
I see dictionary attacks on ssh on a daily basis.

So far I only had users who either knew how to handle an ssh key or who
didn't need anything else but imaps.  Now I have a user who needs sftp
access and who is not able to handle an ssh key.

HTH
-- vbi

--
No matter how much data you add to your laptop, it will not get heavier.