Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1422-1] New e2fsprogs packages fix arbitrary code execution

On Fri Dec 07, 2007 at 18:41:35 +0100, Nico Golde wrote:

> What about those, are they unimportant?
> They are still present in the etch code. I stumbled
> upon them while preparing a testing-security upload.

  Uknown.  I used the patch provided by Theodore Tso, which he
 is/was planning on using for Sid/Ubuntu.

  If there are missing bits then we'll need to reissue the update,
 but right now I believed the patch was as complete as it needed
 to be.

> Sorry, this mail was originally only addressed to Steve but
> since I also got this mail through the debian-security list
> it ended up here now :)

  Fair enough.

Steve
--