Re: CUPS and network interfaces

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 02:47:32PM -0400, you (Celejar) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a pretty standard (default) CUPS installation.  cupsd.conf
> contains the lines:
>
> > # Only listen for connections from the local machine.
> > Listen localhost:631
> > Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
>
> Yet tiger complains:
>
> > --WARN-- [lin002i] The process `cupsd' is listening on socket 631 (UDP) on every interface.
>
> Can someone help me out with this?
>
> Celejar
> --
> mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
> ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator

hi Celejar,

depending on the level of security you'd like you may be continue thinking about it.
If you receive this "complain" on your desktop box and you don't have highly important
data on it that may be wanted by someone else.... I would not worry about it.

Cheers,
markus

/ At the heart of science is an essential \
| tension between two seemingly           |
| contradictory attitudes -- an openness  |
| to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or  |
| counterintuitive they may be, and the   |
| most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all |
| ideas, old and new. This is how deep    |
| truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. |
| Of course, scientists make mistakes in  |
| trying to understand the world, but     |
| there is a built-in error-correcting    |
| mechanism: The collective enterprise of |
| creative thinking and skeptical         |
| thinking together keeps the field on    |
| track.                                  |
| -- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney |
\ Detection," Parade, February 1, 1987    /
   \
    \
        .--.
       |o_o |