Re: secure installation

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:47:12PM -0500, Pat wrote:
> 1) What if someone (and I am sure it happens more often than you may
> realize) who is clueless about computers decides to download Debian,
> installs it, get hacked, trojaned horsed, their credit cards numbers
> stolen, etc.

On common workstation there is no need for firewall. Firewall
is advanced tool, if user is not able to configure it, then (s)he
probably doesn't need it. And if there is no firewall (or other
hand-crafted protective measures), then there is no need for
rp_filter. So on common workstation there is no need for
rp_filter too.

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Ondrej 'SanTiago' Zajicek (email: santiago@crfreenet.org, jabber: santiago@njs.netlab.cz)