Re: pam_unix: password changing time

Hi Matthias,

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 06:33:20 Matthias Faulstich wrote:
> files from an older server, there are messages like this in
> /var/log/auth.log :
>
> Jul 11 06:25:01 area51 su[7884]: (pam_unix) account nobody has password
> changed in future
>
> Does anybody know, where the timestamp for a password changing is located
> and how to change it?

I think you want "passwd -S" to see the time of the last change, and "passwd"
to change the password.   "ls -lc" might also be helpful to know about.

--
Lee Braiden
http://peaceforge.org

I think it pisses God off if you walk by
the color purple in a field somewhere
and don't notice it.
                         -- Alice Walker