etchs aide messing logs

Hi,

I have some problems with aide setup on etch. I have some boxes that I
upgraded from sarge but also one fresh installed and all show the same
problem, so I am afraid that the problem is that _hard_linked in my
brain that I am lost :(.

Everyday I receive annoying reports like:

- ---cut---
open_dir():Not a directory: /var/log/aide/aide.log.3.gz
open_dir():Not a directory: /var/log/apache2/error.log
open_dir():Not a directory: /var/log/exim4/mainlog
***and even worse***
open_dir():No such file or directory: \
/var/lib/amavis/virusmails/spam-Bu6uBbfQHDyU.gz
- ---cut---

so some rule is trying to check files in /var (especially log and spam
quarantine) as they were dirs :(. This mess is making aide worthless.

I tried to fix this by using:

- ----cut---
www:/etc/aide/aide.conf.d# cat 11_aide_personal_first
!/var/spool/
!/var/log/
!/var/lib/amavis/
!/home/
- ---cut---

To exclude mentioned dirs in total. After this wasn't working I tried to
link it to a higher number:

www:/etc/aide/aide.conf.d# ls -l 99_aide_personal_first
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Jun 18 09:19 99_aide_personal_first ->
11_aide_personal_first

without success, too.

I have 77 files in aides main config dir, which I checked, but I can't
find an entry that (obviously to me) should cause such problem :(.

BTW: You can find the whole aide.conf.autogenerated at
     http://home.teleos-web.de/mholtkamp/aide.txt

How can I detect which entry is causing aide to check those files as
they are dirs and/or which file should be used/created to successfully
override debian aide defaults?

TIA

- --
bye maik