initrd without root console?

Hi!
I saw new  behavior in Debian / Etch and I am not sure what I should
think about.
If the boot-up fails to mount the root-disk then I will get a root
console without any password authentication. Is it easy possible to
switch off this feature?

The reason why I ask is, I have one computer and  it  seldom occurs that
the kernel can not mount the root disk and so I get a root console!
By hand it is possible to mount the root disk without any security
restrictions and I don't like that.  I have configured a password for
the BIOS and GRUB, but it is not enough.

Nice greetings,
Harald

--

Harald Krammer