workstation iptables

hey list,

im using two router to set up my internet connection and protect my home network. the first is just a little router from avm and the second is a pIII with linux and iptables. since the second box had some hardware trouble im considering to use just the first router and add the iptables rules to workstations (also linux). i dont use any special feature like vpn or something like that. are there any big advantages of having a dedicated linux router?

thanks for help and best regards

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar