Re: pam_unix2 makes xscreensaver puke

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 05:26:31PM -0600, Stefan Srdic wrote:
      Recently I have converted my system passwd's encryption from MD5
to blowfish by using the pam_unix2 module. I have regenerated my
passwd's (my system is a personal laptop) and everything seemed to be
working fine. The one problem that I have encountered is that
xscreensaver will not disable once the screen locks. The user name and
passwd are entered correctly, however, xscreensaver reports an incorect
passwd and stays locked untill it receives the kill signal.

Did you have a look at bug #295526?

Is your xscreensaver suid? I tried pam_unix2 some time ago and I had to execute „chmod u+s xscreensaver” to get it work. After some updates it wouldn’t work anymore even with suid. Since I had some other problems (I couldn’t log in in single user mode), I switched back to the normal pam_unix module.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |