Re: masking out invalid root logins with logcheck?

also sprach Jeff Coppock <jcoppock1@comcast.net> [2006.05.07.1836 +0200]:
> I came up against the same issue some time ago and decided to move my sshd to
> a non-standard port.  This dramatically reduced the number of log entries,
> and I see hardly any login attempts logged.  I also updated my snort rules
> with the new port.  This works for me.  I'm also considering setting up a
> specific iptables rule to log the ssh hits separately, but there aren't
> enough to bother with that so far.

This can work in small-scale scenarios, but not in large-scale ones
with a number of different clients. I do not want to go down this
path; instead, I prefer to enforce a strong password policy.

`. `'`

linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste