Can ssh host keys be added to a gpg keyring?

Hi,

   I'm trying to design a backup solution where the backups are
encrypted with a key thats specific to the host (rather than to users
on the host). The sshd key seems to be a good fit for this, but ssh
doesnt seem to provide encryption / decryption tools. GPG does, but I
cant figure out how to add the ssh server key to the GPG keyring. Can
this be done? Is there a better alternative that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Kenneth