Preventing Symlink Attacks...

Hello,

As suggested by Joey Shulze, I'd like input from people here on how to
deal with potential symlink attacks for my queuegraph package now in
sid.

Queuegraph is a simple script. It has a shell script which works out
Postfix queue statistics, then saves them in an rrd DB (in
/var/lib/queuegraph/ ). Seperately, a perl CGI script (in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ ) processes the rrd DB when called to generate RRD
graphs. I've made modifications to the tmp path in the CGI script to
store the generated .png graphs in /var/tmp/queuegraph/

What is the best way for me to protect from symlink attacks? Or should I
change this path to say /var/cache/queuegraph/ (as done in the bindgraph
package, which has similarities to my package)

Suggestions & thoughts welcome.

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)1 6535148 | sip:31313@blueface.ie

http://www.conall.net

Eagles may soar, but weazels don't get sucked into jet engines.