Re: GPG errors from apt update

Am Donnerstag, den 31.08.2006, 11:50 -0700 schrieb Robert Dobbs:
> That key is in debian-keyring, but was not in apt.

> I had to manually add the /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.* keyrings to
> ~root/.gnupg/gpg.conf, then extract the keys and add with apt-key.

There is no need to add them to root's gpg.conf. The necessary key can
be easily extracted without such an action (IMO).

> Shouldn't this be automatic?

It is. But the keyrings are in debian-archive-keyring (because the did
not make it into debian-keyring for months - no idea why).

> But it does not matter.  I still get the same error on `apt-get update`:
>
> W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release: The
> following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive
> Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>
> W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org testing/updates Release: The
> following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive
> Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

Just install the mentioned debian-archive-keyring package and run
'apt-key update'. Probably you fetched the wrong key:

$ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-role-keys.gpg --list-keys

does not list the 2006er archive key.

Regards, Daniel