"su -" and "su" - what is the real difference?

Hi!

Here comes a lame question yes I know, but I need to hear the
experiences and opinions about this.
I've read thru a number of documents which described the differences
between the real and effective user ids and I am now just wondering
about this:

What is the difference (I mean in the "real world") between running `su`
(getting a non-login shell) and `su -` (getting a login shell). Is
there a security related problem with any of the invokings above? AFAIK
the real and effective uids are always set to 0 after both commands.

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA