Re: Logauswertung (en translation)

> My problem is what tool to use to evaluate the logs for attacks
> (e.g. portscans) and notify me by mail?

I know you probably wouldn't want to hear the question, but I'll put it
to you: What for?

I would utilize the logs for the goal of archival.  Particular blocked attacks or portscans occur so often...

Its much better to monitor a counter in order to detect DOS attacks
or configuration errors and if there's concern about intrusion set up a
couple rules to trigger the alarm when its counter is activated
(outgoing connections, connection search for domain controllers...)