Re: security issues with apache!

Hello Petter

The actual list for security issues is debian-security. The address of this list its
on the CC. We can now leave debian-user and switch our discussion into
debian-security.

This is quite hole! Can't believe there's such a big spot in Apache / Sarge and we
didn't heard of it. Can you please share more details with us?

Give us your current package versions of apache (using dpkg -s for example). If you
suspect the installation could be compromised run a test on the checksums.

Your access logs could contain precious information. Have a look at them and post to
the list any significant parts (removing any ip/host address you don't want to get
published).

We still don't know for what do you use your apache. Most of the problems come from
poor PHP scripts. What scripts/services are you running in this server?

Can you post a sample of your netstat, your list of process for user www-data, and a
sample of the files you find in your /tmp ?

Regards,
Josep SERRANO