Re: Bad press again...

Michael Stone wrote:
> I also disagree with the characterization that much effort
> has been put into describing the bug.

If we're going to have another crack at it, then, what track should we
take?  Reopen the bug as Florian suggested, email the security team,
just keep pestering Joey?

I didn't mean to stir up so much crap about this problem.  I just want
to see both Debian and Shorewall succeed, and it seems to me that there
are some organisational problems with Debian when it comes to security.
 I want to make sure that we (the upstream team and the maintainer) are
not the cause of them.

It might not seem like it based on my emails, but i'm not really
interested in blame-casting - i just want to see the 222 people who
actually use Shorewall on Debian [1] informed about the possibility that
something could be bypassing their carefully-crafted firewall rules!

[1] http://popcon.debian.org/main/by_inst.gz

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>