Re: Bad press again...

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >> I don't think so.  Joey seems to be satisfied with this situation, and
> >> apart from unanswered email messages to <security@debian.org>, there
> >> are few complaints, AFAIK.  The email part is very unfortunate indeed,
> >> but it probably doesn't warrant drastic measures.
> >
> > Since when increasing the stable security team (i.e. adding more
> > people) is a drastic measure?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current team doesn't seem to want new
> members.  If you nevertheless force new members upon them, you are in

Huh? They probably do, for all I know. Whether they have people they trust
for the job right now is something else, though.  We can probably expect
that some people will be promoted from the testing security team to the
stable one in a reasonable timeframe (some months) without much fuss.

As for doing it over the current stable security team's wishes, I am not
advocating that AT ALL.  That would be a drastic measure indeed.

  Henrique Holschuh