Re: Light weight IDSes and then some

On 7/15/05, Alec Berryman <alec@thened.net> wrote:
> OpenBSD places all of the user's public_html directories under the
> Apache chroot.  I've found it no hassle to put a symlink in the user's
> directory, but then again I wasn't doing quotas.

Alec, Thanks for the suggestion.  I had thought of this, but I
wondered if there might be a way to abuse the symlink to break out of
the chroot jail.  I understand that would be more so if the symlink
where the other way (from the chroot, back to the home users dir), but
I don't know about from home user's dir to chroot?

--
George