Re: Security risks due to packages that are no longer part of Debian?

On Monday 11 of July 2005 19:10, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Hello
>
> If a User upgrades his woody system to sarge and one package that has
> been part of woody is now no longer part of Debian nor being superseded by
> another package, will apt-get warn the user that this package is a
> potential security risk as Debian does not monitor nor provide fixes for
> reported security issues in this package?

I use dselect and it shows obsolete/local packages section at the top of
package listing. By obsolete/local it means those that are not downloadable
from any source defined in /etc/apt/sources.list

Is that what you need?

--
S pozdravem
        Vladislav Kurz

=== WebStep, s.r.o. (Ltd.) ========= a step to the Web =======
address : Turgenevova 18, 61800 Brno, CZ, tax-id: 289-25528262
office : Veveri 9, 60200 Brno, CZ, tel & fax: +420 541 128 341
=== www.webstep.net =========== vladislav.kurz@webstep.net ===