Re: Debian Security Support in Place

also sprach Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de> [2005.07.09.1022 +0200]:
> > The security team will continue to support Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
> > alias woody until May 2006, or if the security support for the
> > next release, codenamed etch, starts, whatever happens first.
>
> This is equivalent to saying "We will rip security support for
> oldstable from under your feet at any time just as we please".

No, it's not. It's worded a little awkwardly, but herewith you get
my promise that etch will not happen first. So May 2006 it is. You
are welcome to get those companies to come up with funding to allow
us to pay 1-2 people taking care of sarge after May 2006.

And if that is unacceptable to you: Ubuntu has announced a 5 year
support plan for server systems:
  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/UbuntuFoundation

`. `'`

"it is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason
 that it is more difficult to be witty every day
 than to say pretty things from time to time."
                                                   -- honoré de balzac