Re: gpg-errors with apt

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:22:36PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I have read http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/174 about
> this topic and have done what the article suggested:
> "~# gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv 4F368D5D"

  This imports the key for the Debian Unstable archive.

> Got a timeout here.

  Firewall?

> "Or if you wish you can download it from the internet, from
> http://www.debian.org/releases/ -
> towards the bottom of the page there's a link to the file
> "ziyi_key_2005.asc".
>
> Download this and import it as follows:
>
> root@mystery:~# cat ziyi_key_2005.asc | gpg --import"

  (Bad '"' on the end of that command line.. mistake in copy + paste?)

> I have done this but I still get the following on aptitude update (on
> sid):
>
> W: GPG error: ftp://archive3.sun.ac.za unstable Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D

  This is a completely different key - here the complain is that the
 archive you have in your apt.sources list, for archive3.sun.ac.za,
 is signed with a key 'F1D53D8C4F368D5D' which you don't have imported.

>W: GPG error:
> ftp://archive3.sun.ac.za unstable Release: The following signatures
> couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:

  And the error says as much.  The signature isn't verified because
 you're missing the key.

> NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907 W: You may want to update the package lists
> to correct these missing files

  Find the key that the archive is signed with, import it as you
 did for the main Sid/Etch archive and all should be well.

> Is this a bug or how do I solve this problem?

  Not a bug with the *Debian* archive, but a missing key on your
 side from the look of things..

Steve
--
# The Debian Security Audit Project.