Re: I have been attacked 3 times in 5 weeks

on Mon, May 09, 2005 at 03:09:33PM +0930, Raph segal (revraph@gmail.com) wrote:
> I dont know what to do to patch and secure my system. Can I get some
> advice or maybe someone who can help me?

Attacked or compromised (rooted).  There's a difference.  Assume your
systems are under constant attack.

Attacked how?  How do you know?  Logs?  System rooted?

What services are you running?  Which do you _need_ to run?

I'd strongly suggest you read the essay "How To Ask Questions The Smart
Way" by Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen:

Peace.

    Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
    - Princess Bride