Re: hardening checkpoints

Alvin Oga wrote:
italians just passed a law that all isp and internet cafe etc are required
to ask for ID of "ALL" visitors and users of their PCs and services

it shouldnt matter to that if we reboot etc, etc...  but it's their
computers... and you might get stiffed with a fine/penalty if oyu do
something and it doesn't go back to what the "counter clerks" expect

i think id's is a good thing ... i don't need/want spams originating
from *.it domains

There are better ways to stop spam originating from internet cafes. Maybe they should just configure their firewalls correctly. I don't believe that you can fight terrorism or spam by just checking passports of people entering internet cafes. You simply annoy everyone.

Johannes