RE: What is a security bug?

Jasper,

It's pretty much open for debate.

The subtlety lies in the "certain input" mentioned by Florian. For the
sake of argument, imagine  you can create a webpage which when rendered
will make the browser crash.
You could trick users into surfing to your page, by e.g. spam mailing your
URL around or even the page itself.

Somehow you've succeeded into making a remote browser perform an undesired
(and controlled by you!) action: crashing.

And I thought CIA (confidentiality - integrity - AVAILABILITY ) was key in
InfoSec? ;-)

Just my 0.02EUR

Kind regards,

Roger