Re: What's going on with advisory for phpmyadmin?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 11:01:29AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> > > Could someone from the security team comment on what the problem is?
> >
> >   The problem is that we receive a lot of reports, each of which may
> >  involve a significant amount of time to attend to.
>
> Well, that's a symptom.  Isn't the root problem not enough people on the
> team in this case?

  That is almost certainly the case, however adding more members is still
 not going to result in immediate updates.

  (Things like timezones, coordination, and other practicalities come
 into play with more members.  Not to mention waiting for other vendors,
 upstream etc, is not something that will be helped by more members).

Steve