Re: Bad press again...

also sprach Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com> [2005.08.28.1328 +0200]:
> nah ... they're doing fine .. to the extent is needed ??
> if it's important... they will post dsa ??

Where have you been?

> what i think is needed is an automated script that checks
> debian against known exploits or a way to verify that
> the exploits/vulnerability does not affect debian

This has been done.

  http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/stable-security.html
  http://spohr.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html

That doesn't mean the stable security team uses this information.
From what I know, Joey prefers editing text files and expects others
to do the same.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"on the other hand, with the advent of msvc 5, i can claim i use
 emacs because it's smaller and more efficient." :-)"
                                                    -- darin johnson