Re: On Mozilla-* updates

Joey,

Working from the following assumptions:
* it possible to include Mozilla in Debian stable,
* extracting security patches from upstream is not practical,

and ignoring the interesting, but extraneous threads,

What exactly breaks if the update to v1.06 is applied, as upstream recommends?

I realise you are seeking a general solution. I believe that we need case specific information. This will enable us to evaluate any proposed general solutions, with the illumination of real facts.

Actually, I see that I am echoing the unanswered question from Ben in his email of 1-Aug:

What hard reasons are there that prevent you from shipping Firefox 1.0.6 and Mozilla 1.7.11 right now?

Once we know what breaks when this is attempted, we can look at working out a general solution.

Regards
Jeff