Re: iptables connlimit

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:42:01 +0100
Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@lina.inka.de> wrote:

> >--connlimit-above > >3 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
>
> Have  you tried:
>
> iptables -m connlimit -h
>
> does it show the connlimit options?
>
> BTW: my iptables manpage knows about -m connrate  --connrate <from>:<to>,
> but it is clearly not available on my system.
>
> Perhaps it is easiest if you strace the command. Also try to skip single
> parameters (like --reject-with tcp-reset)

server# iptables -m connlimit -h
connlimit v1.2.11 options:
[!] --connlimit-above n         match if the number of existing tcp
connections is (not) above n
 --connlimit-mask n             group hosts using mask

server#
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 3 -j REJECT
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

I use plain sarge (no patches, default kernel, default iptables)
--
Best regards,
Minta Adrian