Packet sniffing & regular users

Hello all,

I'd like to give regular users the ability to sniff packets (and
possibly drop the NIC into promiscuous mode?), without having to deal
with sudo or su. How could I go about doing this? And if you provide a
solution, what sorts of security concerns does it present, aside from
the obvious "anyone can see anything" sort of concern?

Thanks!
Brian

--
"As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of
corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the