Fwd: Re: Have you dropped support for 2.4.18? [Was: woody kernel image]

I hope linguists amongst you will enjoy the creative usage of the word
``a bit''.  I would still like to see the alleged drop-statements.

----- Forwarded message from Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> -----

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:06:56 +0100
From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
To: Jan Minar <jjminar@FastMail.FM>
Cc: security@debian.org
Subject: Re: Have you dropped support for 2.4.18? [Was: woody kernel image]

Jan Minar wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:02:23PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Am 2005-01-29 22:56:39, schrieb smj@littleprojects.org:
> > It was on <debian-devel> and <debian-kernel>
> >
> > They told, there are too much kernels to maintain and droped 2.4.(18-22)
> > They sugested to use one of the Backports.
>
> Is it true?  Have You really deliberately decided there won't be
> security updates for 2.4.18 ever, and that it's not necessary to inform
> the users?
>
> Don't You find not having security updates since April a bit outrageous?

Kernel updates in woody have been postponed a bit since they require
more attention like normal packages.  I hope to be able to update them
in the coming weeks.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 )^o-o^|    jabber: rdancer@NJS.NetLab.Cz
 | .v  K    e-mail: jjminar FastMail FM