Re: [meta] Set reply-to to something else?

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 10.15, Adam Lydick wrote:
> Better to bounce or moderate entries from non-subscribers, IMOHO. That
> would cut down on the spam quite a lot better than probabilistic filters
> as well.

Problem: moderating needs manpower.
Problem: closing the list to non-subscribers would IMNSHO hurt Debian a lot
- especially this list.

(As discussed to death every other month, so let's not discuss that here.)

Changing the Reply-To header of d-s-a is a cheap solution to avoid ticketing
system autoacks, and IMHO doesn't impose any big cost on regular use of the
lists.  Obviously this is only my €0.02.

Filtering for typical ticketing system headers and Subject prefixes would be
another possibility, but I'd think there are too many different systems out
there that this would ever be effective.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *