Re: murphy in sbl.spamhaus.org

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Christian Storch wrote:
> I disagree here.

Well, unless there is nobody with a clue working for the spammers, and given
how much money this scum have at their disposal, I find that unlikely...
greylisting IS an one-shot tool.

> But if the majority would use it and they (the spammers) implement
> queues, it could end in a disaster for them. Or how would you call
> a queue with millions of messages waiting?

Stupidity, since all messages are deterministically generated from a single
template, and you don't even need to retain state to defeat normal
greylisting.  Just do two passes with about 2h between them.  Heck, who
cares if you deliver twice to those without greylisting? You're a spammer,
remember?

Of course, until enough spammers start using such software, greylisting
remains useful.

  Henrique Holschuh