Security issue? Daemon users has to much rights...

Greetings,

because of the recent xpdf issues I tested the access restrictions of some
users like lp, mail, etc. with default settings in sarge. I noticed that, by
default, no acl were used to prevent access to vital system commands, the
user shouldn't have. For instance: lp could mount a vfat partion marked as
user mountable in fstab, execute df or mount to gain information about the
systems topology.
By introducing acl's in late 2.4 and 2.6 (both are the main kernel branches
for sarge and are used during the installaion), it might be worth the effort
to introduce default ACLs during the installation process (optional of
course) in order to protect systems not managed by skilled admins. (rentable
server, etc.)
What do you think?
Who's in charge with this decision?

Keep smiling