integrit

Hello Security List!

I have decided that i want to try a tripwire alternative, and i would like
to use integrit, which is very new to me :)
----- Is this the way how you create your database? -------

#integrit -u -C /usr/share/doc/integrit/examples/usr.conf
integrit: ---- integrit, version 2.03 -----------------
integrit:                      output : human-readable
integrit:                   conf file :
/usr/share/doc/integrit/examples/usr.confintegrit:                    known db : /tmp/usr_known.cdb
integrit:                  current db : /tmp/usr_current.cdb
integrit:                        root : /usr
integrit:                    do check : no
integrit:                   do update : yes

-----Is this the way how you create your known db? ---------

cp /tmp/usr_current.cdb /tmp/usr_known.cdb

---- Is this the way how you check /usr against your known db? -----

# integrit -u -c -C /usr/share/doc/integrit/examples/usr.conf
integrit: ---- integrit, version 2.03 -----------------
integrit:                      output : human-readable
integrit:                   conf file :
/usr/share/doc/integrit/examples/usr.confintegrit:                    known db : /tmp/usr_known.cdb
integrit:                  current db : /tmp/usr_current.cdb
integrit:                        root : /usr
integrit:                    do check : yes
integrit:                   do update : yes

Have i understood the syntax and options correctly so far?

Thanks, Mario