Re: [mailinglists] Re: new tool - apt-method-https

> > > * Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net> [040717 04:40]:
> > > Unlike all the other implementations I've seen so far, it doesn't
> > > replace the existing APT package; it just adds a new method.
>
> as Joshua explained, the program is _not a replacement_ for apt,
> but _a method_ apt. so, having a method for apt without having
> apt doesnt make much sense, does  it ?

Apt methods are relatively good documented and can be easilty used
by other programs, e.g. my little debian repository manager (reprepro,
see http://alioth.debian.org/projects/mirrorer/) uses them directly to
sync with other repositories.

A library is also useless without the -dev package and any
program compiled against it.

Hochachungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link