Re: apt-get update

On Friday, 2004-05-14 at 11:52:58 +0200, gingupin@yahoo.de wrote:

> I have just made some changes in my firewall and now I am having problems
> with apt-get update because when connecting to

> http://ftp2.de.debian.org

> nothing happens and with netstat -lanp I see SYN/SENT and nothing more....

You could just try with a browser, or do "telnet ftp2.de.debian.org 80"
to make sure it's nothing to do with apt-get.

> Does anybody have the same problem ??

No answer for me, too.

> Is ftp2.de.debian.org down

It does not answer to pings, but you tried that, didn't you? And if you
did a traceroute, too, you must have seen that 195.71.13.76 is the last
replying hop. Or did you forbid ICMP Echo and traceroute for yourself in
your firewall?

Anyway. 195.71.13.76 belongs to mediaWays/Telefonica Deutschland GmBH.
And ftp2.de.debian.org (195.71.9.196) belongs to them, too. So you may
want to send mail to hostmaster@telefonica.de to inquire.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |