Re: Large, constant incoming traffic

On torsdag 13. mai 2004, 22:10, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Kjetil Kjernsmo:
> > Oh, I see. But one thing I do not understand, it doesn't seem like
> > this traffic is directed at me, since it's not my address that's
> > the destination...? Are they routing their traffic through me or
> > something?
>
> It's some odd switch-router whose forwarding table is overflown by
> Slammer, and it switches to broadcast mode.  Or something like that.
>
> Have you been able to contact anyone at Easynet?

Yup, I finally had a chat with someone there, but he wasn't the network
guy, though. But what he said was that the server had been moved out of
their network long ago, and they hadn't really an idea where the box
was broadcasting from.... Not that I understand it, but I was told to
call tomorrow morning an talk with the network guy, he had noticed some
abnormal activity, but not seen as much as I had. But we should be able
to track it down together.

But I think we've found out what it was, yes! Thanks a lot folks!

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo