Re: Large, constant incoming traffic

The best way to see what is going on is to dump the traffic to a file and
analyse it. Tcpdump and ethereal are great tools for that purpose.
Ethereal will make the job easier and should give you a clue.
If you are affraid the server has been compromised you have to use another
computer to get reliable information. I don't know your network setup and
what you have at disposal. If it is cable/DSL you could connect your
server through a hub, hook up the other computer to the hub and do the
dump (you may have to use a crossover cable between the modem and the
hub).

HTH

Robert J.