Re: Web software security scanners

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 20:50, Micah Anderson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am looking for some scanners which look for known vulnerabilities in
> different web software.

Have a look at owasp
http://www.owasp.org/index

and their http://www.owasp.org/development/webscarab

Haven't gotten round to trying it yet because last time I looked they
were nowhere near usable but looking at their page it seems they have
gotten a long way now.

from the project web page:
-----
WebScarab is a loose suite of web application security assessment tools
written entirely in Java and therefore multi-platform. Eventually the
tools will all work together. It is designed to be a tool for technical
auditors who want to expose some of the workings of an application and
automate some of the tests, whilst still having the flexibility to force
the tests to execute the way the auditor wishes. There is no shiny red
button on WebScarab, it is a tool primarily designed to be used by
developers who can write code themselves.
----
[snip]
> Thanks!

Hope it helps, let me know how it worked if you tried this scanner.