Re: VPN Firewall Kernel

Hi Sean,

SM> I'm in the process of building a kernel for a Debian machine being used
SM> as a VPN Firewall.
SM> I need Freeswan 1.99+, MPPE for Poptop, patch-o-matic for pptp masq and
SM> would like GrSecurity for it's chroot and randomized capabilities.
SM> Applying all these patches to 2.4.25 fails with many files unpatched.
SM> Does anyone know of an existing Kernel that has similar features?

have a look at Adamantix, which was formerly known as "trusteddebian"
(http://www.trusteddebian.org/) and is some kind of a secured (mini) debian
based distribution.

If you just want a kernel, with almost everything in there belonging
to security, have a look at WOLK (Working OverLoaded Kernel)
at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolk

Hope that helps.

best regards
            michael